Friday, June 22, 2007

Bjork: Joga

It's not a secret I think this girl is a genius. The question is really, is it the voice, the music, the words or all of these? Bjork really has an amazing body of work, as far as diversity of sounds, subjects. I think "Joga" from Homogenic is one of my favorite lyrics by her. Also of note: the first time I ever saw the Sugar Cubes perform I thought she was insane and pathetic. I have since changed my mind on that topic as well.

All these accidents,
That happen,
Follow the dot,
Coincidence,
Makes sense,
Only with you,
You don't have to speak,
I feel.

Emotional landscapes,
They puzzle me,
Then the riddle gets solved,
And you push me up to this

State of emergency,
How beautiful to be,
State of emergency,
Is where I want to be.

All that no-one sees,
You see,
What's inside of me,
Every nerve that hurts,
You heal,
Deep inside of me, oo-oohh,
You don't have to speak,
I feel.

(state of emergency, etc. to end)

No comments: